Thursday, February 28, 2013

Folk Song

This week we were supposed to write a poem or a folk song. This is my attempt at a poem, I had some help from my buddy Dominic.

  
The Apple
Eat me not, for I am sin.
Trust not in your logic,
place your faith in
your creator of myth.
And do as you 
are told

Eat me not, for I am sin.
Listen not to serpents.
Close your eyes and
do not let temptation in.
Obey.
No questions.

So cast me out from paradise.
I will not close my heart
or close my mind.

Strength in love, not in god.
I will trust in my logic
for my faith is lacking.
So my soul is flawed
if I won't believe
what is not seen?

Love in actions, not in words.
The serpent speaks for nothing
for my eyes are open.
The light seen is within
my right
to question.

A folk song is pretty much what you make it, it doesn't seem to have many definable qualities. They tend to be about nature, with some deeper meaning behind the words, some message/story that the writer is trying to tell you. While I'm decently creative with art, I'm not very creative with words. Once again Dominic helped me out. He's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment